Financial Hardship Support
We know that circumstances can at times make it hard for you to pay your water bills.
We are here to help. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we may be able to offer you arrangements to suit your current needs.
If you're finding things tough, please reach out to us as soon as you can. The sooner you get in touch, the sooner we’ll be able to work out a plan to help you.
If you’re finding it difficult to pay, it’s very important to contact us as soon as possible so we can help you by:
- creating long term payment plans
- providing a variety of payment options to help make your bills more manageable
- pausing restriction and debt recovery actions
- assisting with information to help you reduce your water usage.
What you can expect from us
We will treat all customers experiencing financial hardship with dignity and respect.
We will be transparent, understanding, and fair in assisting you at this time.
We may also be able to refer you to other support programs available within Essential Water and to community organisations and government agencies.
Eligible customers may be experiencing one or more of the following:
- loss of employment
- low or fixed income insufficient to pay reasonable and normal living expenses
- separation, family breakdown or family violence
- death in the family
- illness including physical incapacity, hospitalisation or mental illness
- caring for someone with an illness or disability
- referral from a financial counselling agency or community organisation
- natural disaster
- involved in legal proceedings
- sudden change of circumstance that impact your financial capacity to pay.
How to get financial hardship support
You, or an authorised contact, need to call us on 13 23 91 to let us know you are experiencing financial hardship. Our team will assist you through the process.
Additional resources that offer financial support
There are free and confidential financial counselling services that provide advice to Australians in every state and territory.
Find out more at:
- CatholicCare Wilcannia-Forbes or call them on 1800 067 067
- National Debt Hotline website or call them on 1800 007 007
- The Money Smart website of the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC)
- 'Doing-It-Tough' by the Australian Banking Association
- The Australian Banking Association's Financial Assistance Hub